Canada's Journey to an Information Society - ARCHIVED
Journals and periodicals: 56-508-X
This volume is Statistics Canada's second compendium publication on the subject of information and communications technologies (ICTs) in Canada. It builds on the material provided in our first compendium publication, Networked Canada: Beyond the information highway, as well as the ongoing Connectedness Series. It also goes one step further by representing a comprehensive compilation of measurements and analyses from diverse areas across the Agency. It traces the evolution of our economy and highlights many facets of our society's transformation.
Part 1 offers a profile of Canada's ICT sector, including key indicators of change. Changes occurring in individual industries that supply ICT goods and services are also analysed.
Part 2 addresses economy-wide issues (including health, education and justice) from a sectoral approach, covering ICT diffusion and utilization among business, households and governments.
Part 3 offers a collection of thematic analyses focussing on topical issues of the Information Society. These include the high-tech labour market, information technology (IT) occupations, the digital divide, telecommunications services, broadband use and deployment, and the use of ICTs by cultural industries.
Part 4 examines Canada's international involvement in the Information Society. Contributions from policy departments offer an account of the Canadian role in promoting a global Information Society, with particular emphasis on assistance to developing countries.
- Telecommunications statistics, by operating and financial detail and North American Industrial Classification (NAICS)
- Television broadcasting industry
- Radio broadcasting industry by operating and financial detail
- Radio broadcasting industry, by type of broadcaster
- Operating and financial summary of the cable and other program distribution industry
- Main benefits of Information and Communication Technology use by industry and size of enterprise
- Operating and financial summary of the cable television industry, inactive - ARCHIVED
- Operating and financial summary of the cable television industry, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick, inactive - ARCHIVED