Securities statistics, Debt securities
For persons using assistive technologies, the following is an alternate method of dragging and dropping variables. You can select, for each variable, where that variable should be displayed: either in columns, rows or outside the table. When a variable is placed outside the table, only one item of a variable can be selected. Once your selection is made, click on the "Apply" button to update the pivot table.
For persons using assistive technologies, the following is an alternate method of selecting items in a variable. For variables placed within the table, multiple items can be selected. Once your selection is made, the pivot table will be updated immediately.
Sector or industry breakdown:
Positions or flow:
Variable Original maturity:
Variable Interest rate type:
Variable Market of issuance:
Variable Sector or industry (issuer):
Variable Remaining maturity:
. not available for any reference period
... not applicable
Positions at book value
Article from the product Latest Developments in the Canadian Economic Accounts.
Quarterly national balance sheet, financial flows, and other changes in assets accounts data presented in a from-whom-to-whom basis for selected financial instruments.
Definitions, data sources and methods
Definitions and concepts used are consistent with the recommendations of the Handbook on Securities Statistics (PDF; 1.4 Mb)Opens a new window
Sectors used in this web application are from the CCIUS classification.
Industries used in this web application are from the NAICS classification.
- Debt securities issues by sector, currency, maturity, type of interest rate and market of issuance (positions) (36-10-0605-01)Opens a new window
- Debt securities issues by sector, currency, maturity, type of interest rate and market of issuance (net transactions) (36-10-0602-01)Opens a new window
Securities statistics cover issuances and holdings of financial negotiable instruments. Securities include debt instruments designed to be traded in financial markets, such as treasury bills, commercial paper and bonds, as well as equity instruments, such as listed shares.
This tool includes information on all debt securities issued by Canadian entities. Canadian entities are profiled based on their sector or industry of activity. Debt securities are defined based on their currency of issue, maturity, type of interest rate and market of issuance.
Data available are for positions (outstanding amounts at book and market values) and flows (new issues, retirements and net issues).
- Pivot table: Dynamic cross-table that enables users to generate information on Canadian debt securities by various characteristics of issuers and instruments, for both positions and flows.
- Positions and flows: Table showing information on debt securities positions at the beginning of the period, flows during the period and positions at the end of the period, by sector of issuer.
- Issuers and holders: Table presenting Canadian debt securities positions on a from-whom-to-whom basis. In this presentation, sectors of Canadian issuers are put into relation with sectors of holders, both Canadian and foreign.
- Net issues: Charts showing information on net issues of Canadian debt securities over time by main sector of issuers, along with information on positions for the same sectors.
- Date modified: