Impact of COVID-19 on Statistics Canada publishing activities
View the most recent version.
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
In the context of the rapidly-evolving situation around the novel coronavirus (also known as COVID-19), Statistics Canada remains committed to providing Canadians with the information they need. The agency plans to continue releasing data from programs identified as 'mission-critical' to the proper functioning of the Government of Canada, and to the Canadian economy and society. All other data releases will be postponed until further notice.
The agency will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves, and may further adapt its publishing activities as needed.
Note to readers
Statistics from the following programs will continue to be released in The Daily:
- Balance of payments
- Building permits
- Canada's population estimates
- Canadian international merchandise trade
- Canadian international trade in services
- Consumer Price Index
- Government finance statistics
- Gross domestic product (quarterly and monthly)
- Industrial product and raw materials price indexes
- Investment in building construction
- Labour Force Survey
- Monthly Survey of Manufacturing
- National balance sheet and financial flow accounts
- Non-residential capital and repair expenditures
- Payroll employment, earnings and hours
- Quarterly financial statistics for enterprises
- Retail trade
- Wholesale trade.
For more information, or to enquire about the concepts, methods or data quality of this release, contact us (toll-free 1-800-263-1136; 514-283-8300; STATCAN.infostats-infostats.STATCAN@canada.ca) or Media Relations (613-951-4636; STATCAN.mediahotline-ligneinfomedias.STATCAN@canada.ca).
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: