Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
1. Canadian Institute for Health Information. National Health Care Expenditure Trends, 1975 to 2012. Ottawa: Canadian Institute for Health Information, 2013.
2. Chaplin R, Earl L. Household spending on health care. Health Reports 2000; 12(1): 57-65.
3. Law MR, Daw JR, Cheng L, et al. Growth in private payments for health care by Canadian households. Health Policy 2013; 110(2-3): 141-6.
4. Locker D, Maggirias J, Quiñonez C. Income, dental insurance coverage and financial barriers to dental care among Canadian adults. Journal of Public Health Dentistry 2011; 71: 327-34.
5. Quiñonez C, Figueiredo R. Sorry doctor, I can’t afford the root canal, I have a job: Canadian dental care policy and the working poor. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2010; 101: 481-5.
6. Millar WJ, Locker D: Dental insurance and use of dental services. Health Reports 1999; 11(1): 55-67.
7. Law MR, Cheng L, Dhalla IA, et al. The effect of cost on adherence to prescription medications in Canada. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2012; 184: 297-302.
8. Tamblyn R, Larise R, Hanley J, et al. Adverse events associated with prescription drug cost-sharing among poor and elderly persons. Journal of the American Medical Association 2001; 285(4): 421-9.
9. Statistics Canada. User Guide for the Survey of Household Spending, 2009 (Catalogue 62F0026M, no. 6) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010.
10. Statistics Canada. Survey of Household Spending (CAPI Instrument). Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010. Available at: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb-bmdi/instrument/3508_Q1_V11-eng.htm
11. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. OECD Project on the Distribution of Household Incomes. Paris: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development , 2012.
12. Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development. OECD Project on Income Distribution and Poverty. What are Equivalency Scales? Available at: www.oecd.org/social/inequality.htm
13. Statistics Canada. CANSIM Table 326-0021 Consumer Price Index (CPI), 2009 Basket. Available at: http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim
14. Statistics Canada. CANSIM Table 109-5012 Household Spending on Prescription Drugs as a Percentage of After-tax Income, Canada and Provinces. Available at: http://www5.statcan.gc.ca/cansim
15. Health Canada. Healthy Canadians 2010 – A Federal Report on Comparable Health Indicators. Ottawa: Health Canada, 2011.
16. Allin S. Does equity in healthcare use vary across Canadian provinces? Healthcare Policy 2008; 3: 83-99.
17. Quiñonez C, Grootendorst P. Equity in dental care among Canadian households. International Journal for Equity in Health 2011; 10: 14
18. Baicker K, Chandra A. The Labor Market Effects of Rising Health Insurance Premiums. NBER Working Paper Series, No. 11160. Cambridge, Massachusetts: National Bureau of Economic Research, 2005. Available at: http://www.nber.org/papers/w11160
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: