Financial and Wealth Accounts Re-sectoring
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
With the release of the Financial Flow Accounts (FFA) on December 1st and the National Balance Sheet Accounts (NBSA) on December 14th, the Income and Expenditure Accounts Division will be publishing revised sector and category detail on CANSIM. These changes are briefly described below.
- A new sector, National Financial Accounts, has been added to the FFA. This sector estimates total domestic financial transactions for the Canadian economy. It is the FFA equivalent to the National Balance Sheet in the NBSA.
- A number of sectors and categories that were previously published in both the FFA and NBSA are combined in order to provide more relevant sector and category information.
- Market value estimates in the NBSA on annual and quarterly bases have been expanded. Annual market value data are published for all sectors from 1970, while book value estimates remain available from 1961. Quarterly data are available for all sectors from 1990q1 for market and book value estimates. The release of these estimates will facilitate international comparisons with other countries.
To help users to convert from the current CANSIM tables to the new tables, concordance tables between the old and new vector numbers are available.
- Financial Flow Accounts, vector number concordance table
- National Balance Sheet Accounts (annual), vector number concordance table
- National Balance Sheet Accounts (quarterly), vector number concordance table
- Date modified: