View the most recent version.
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
About the Information and Technical Bulletin
The Research Data Centres Information and Technical Bulletin is a forum for current and prospective RDC users to exchange practical information and techniques for analyzing datasets available at the centres. The bulletin will be published twice per year, in the spring and fall. Additional special issues on timely topics may also be released on an occasional basis.
The main aims of the bulletin are:
- to advance and disseminate knowledge surrounding Statistics Canada's data;
- to exchange ideas among the Research Data Centre (RDC) user community;
- to support new users of the RDC program; and
- to provide an additional means through which RDC users and subject matter experts and divisions within Statistics Canada can communicate.
The Information and Technical Bulletin is interested in receiving articles and notes that will add value to the quality of research produced at the Statistics Canada Research Data Centres and provide methodological support to RDC users.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- data analysis and modeling;
- data management;
- best or ineffective statistical, computational, and scientific practices;
- data content;
- implications of questionnaire wording;
- comparisons of data sets;
- reviews on methodologies and their applications;
- problem-solving analytical techniques; and
- explanations of innovative tools using the surveys and relevant software available at the RDCs.
Those interested in submitting an article to the Information and Technical Bulletin are asked to refer to the Instructions for authors.