2016 Census Metropolitan Areas and Census Agglomerations Strategic Review Objectives
The following is an outline of the 2016 Census Metropolitan Areas (CMA) and Census Agglomerations (CA) Strategic Review consultation process:
- Acquire input from users on how CMAs and CAs are used and specifically if they are used in policy, legislation or program delivery.
- Determine if a change in methodology would better serve users requirements.
- Consult with users on the concept to assess the impact on their programs should the CMA and CA concepts change.
- Analyse user feedback and verify that any of the conceptual changes proposed possess sufficient rigour to be introduced into the program.
- Return to Phase 1 participants and report on the initial consultation findings and present the proposed changes to the delineation methodology with examples of outcomes.
- Expand the consultation to other interested users.
- Publish the changes to the concepts.
Your input is important!
- Date modified: