Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
- As of January 1, 2013, the population of Canada was estimated at 35,056,100.
- In the fourth quarter of 2012, population increased by 53,600 or 0.2%.
- Natural increase accounted for more than half (53.5%) of the country’s population growth in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- Population growth in the fourth quarter of 2012 was above the national average in Manitoba (+0.3%), Saskatchewan (+0.3%) and Alberta (+0.6%).
- In 2012, the population of Canada grew by 384,800 people, an annual growth rate of 1.1%.
- Alberta led the country in terms of yearly growth (+3.0%), followed by Saskatchewan (+ 2.0%) in 2012.
- Date modified: