Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
1. Public Health Agency of Canada. Life with Arthritis in Canada: A Personal and Public Health Challenge. 2011. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cd-mc/arthritis-arthrite/lwaic-vaaac-10/index-eng.php. Accessed: May 31, 2012.
2. Bombardier C, Hawker G, Mosher D. The Impact of Arthritis in Canada: Today and Over 30 Years. Arthritis Alliance of Canada, 2011. Available at: http://www.arthritisalliance.ca/images/PDF/eng/Initiatives/20111022_2200_impact_of_arthritis.pdf. Accessed: April 10, 2012.
3. Canadian Institute for Health Information. Seniors and the Health Care System: What is the Impact of Multiple Chronic Conditions? 2011. Available at: https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/air-chronic_disease_aib_en.pdf. Accessed: May 31, 2012.
7. Devos-Comby L, Cronan T, Roesch S. Do exercise and self-management interventions benefit patients with osteoarthritis of the knee? A metaanalytic review. Journal of Rheumatology 2006; 33(4): 744-56.
14. Statistics Canada. 2009 Survey on Living with Chronic Diseases in Canada: Arthritis Component. Questionnaire. 2009. Available at: http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb-bmdi/instrument/5160_Q1_V1-eng.pdf. Accessed: May 31, 2012.
15. Australian Government, Department of Health and Ageing. Musculoskeletal Conditions―Arthritis and Osteoporosis. 2010. Available at: http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/content/pq-arthritis-osteoarth. Accessed July 5, 2013.
17. Kalunian KC. Patient information: Osteoarthritis symptoms and diagnosis (Beyond the Basics). UpToDate. 2012. Available at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/osteoarthritis-symptoms-and-diagnosis-beyond-the-basics. Accessed July 5, 2013.
18. Gignac M, Davis AM, Hawker G, et al. "What do you expect? You're just getting older": A comparison of perceived osteoarthritis-related and aging-related health experiences in middle- and older-age adults. Arthritis Care and Research 2006; 55(6): 905-12.
19. Machold KP, Koller MD, Pflugbeil S, et al. The public neglect of rheumatic diseases: insights from analyses of attendees in a musculoskeletal disease awareness activity. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases 2007; 66: 697-9.
21. Hurley M, Walsh N, Mitchell H, et al. Long-term outcomes and costs of an integratred rehabilitation program for chronic knee pain: a pragmatic, cluster randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Care and Research 2012; 64(2): 238-47.
23. Public Health Agency of Canada. What is the Impact of Arthritis and What are Canadians Doing to Manage Their Condition? 2010. Available at: http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cd-mc/slcdcfs-epamccfi/pdf/SLCDCFactSheet2009-Arthritis-eng.pdf. Accessed: May 31, 2012.
24. Statistics Canada. Adult obesity prevalence in Canada and the United States. Health Fact Sheets (Catalogue 82-625-X), March 2011. Available at: http:www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-625-x/2011001/article/11411-eng.htm. Accessed: July 3, 2014.
26. Hochberg MC, Altman RD, Toupin April K, et al. American College of Rheumatology 2012 recommendations for the use of nonpharmacologic and pharmacologic therapies in osteoarthritis of the hand, hip, and knee. Arthritis Care and Research 2012; 64(4): 465-74.
27. Zhang W, Nuki G, Moskowitz R, et al. OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, Part III: changes in evidence following systematic cumulative update of research published through January 2009. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2010; 18(4): 476-99.
28. Zhang W, Moskowitz R, Nuki G, et al. OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, Part II: OARSI evidence-based, expert consensus guidelines. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2008; 16(2): 137-62.
29. Zhang W, Moskowitz R, Nuki G, et al. OARSI recommendations for the management of hip and knee osteoarthritis, Part I: Critical appraisal of existing treatment guidelines and systematic review of current research evidence. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage 2007; 15(9): 981-1000.
30. National Collaborating Centre for Chronic Conditions (UK). Osteoarthritis: National Clinical Guideline for Care and Management in Adults. Report No. 59. London, United Kingdom: Royal College of Physicians, 2008.