Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
1. Pampalon R, Hamel D, Gamache P. A comparison of individual and area-based socio-economic data for monitoring social inequalities in health. Health Reports 2009; 20(3): 85-94.
2. Wilkins R, Adams O, Brancker A. Changes in mortality by income in urban Canada from 1971 to 1986. Health Reports 1989; 1(2): 137-74.
3. Wilkins R, Houle C. Health status of children. Health Reports 1999; 11(3): 25-34.
4. Wilkins R, Berthelot JM, Ng E. Trends in mortality by neighbourhood income in urban Canada from 1971 to 1996. Health Reports 2002; 13(Suppl.): 1-27.
5. Luo ZC, Wilkins R, Kramer MS. Neighbourhood income, maternal education and birth outcomes. Canadian Medical Association Journal 2006; 174(10): 1415-20.
6. Oliver L, Kohen D. Neighbourhood variation in hospitalization for unintentional injury among children and teenagers. Health Reports 2010; 21(4): 7-17.
7. Borugian MJ, Spinelli JJ, Abanto Z, et al. Breast cancer incidence and neighbourhood income. Health Reports 2011; 22(2): 7-13.
8. Carrière G, Sanmartin C, Peters PA. Description of area-based methods used to determine rates of acute-care hospitalization across terciles of the foreign-born population in Canada during 2005/06. Health Reports (under review).
9. Allard YE, Wilkins R, Berthelot J-M. Premature mortality in health regions with high Aboriginal populations. Health Reports 2004; 15(1): 51-60.
10. Fantus D, Shah BR, Qiu F, et al. Injury in First Nations communities in Ontario. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2009; 100(4): 258-62.
11. Carrière G, Garner R, Sanmartin C, LHAD Research Team. Acute-care hospitalizations and Aboriginal identity in Canada, 2001/2002. Health Research Working Paper Series (Catalogue 82-622-X, No. 005) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010.
12. Oliver LN, Kohen D. Unintentional injury hospitalization among children living in areas with a high proportion of Aboriginal residents: 2001/2002 – 2005/2006. Health Reports (under review).
13. Wilkins R, Uppal S, Finès P, et al. Life expectancy in the Inuit-inhabited areas of Canada, 1989 to 2003. Health Reports 2008; 19(1): 7-19.
14. Peters PA. Causes and contributions to differences in life expectancy for Inuit Nunangat and Canada, 1984-2003. International Journal of Circumpolar Health 2010; 69(1): 38-49.
15. Johnston R, Voas D, Poulsen M. Measuring spatial concentration: the use of threshold profiles. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design 2003; 30: 3-14.
16. Johnston R, Poulsen M, Forrest J. The geography of ethnic residential segregation: A comparative study of five countries. Annals, Association of American Geographers 2007; 97: 713-839.
17. Johnston R, Poulsen M, Forrest J. Rethinking the analysis of ethnic residential patterns: segregation, isolation, or concentration thresholds in Auckland, New Zealand? Geographical Analysis 2002; 34(3): 245-61.
18. Finès P. The concentration-coverage curve: a tool for ecological studies. Health Reports 2008; 19(4): 57-62.
19. Oliver LN, Hayes M. Does choice of spatial unit matter for estimating small-area disparities in health and place effects in the Vancouver Census Metropolitan Area. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2007; 98(1): S27-34.
20. Statistics Canada. 2006 Census Dictionary (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 92-566-X) Ottawa: Minister of Industry, 2010.
21. Peach C. Does Britain have ghettos? Transactions, Institute of British Geographers, New Series 1996; 21: 216-35.
22. Jargowsky PA. Poverty and Place: Ghettos, Barrios and the AmericanCity. Russell Sage Foundation: New York, 1997.
23. Loftkin C, Ward SK. A spatial autocorrelation model of the effects of population density on fertility. American Sociological Review 1983; 48: 121-8.
24. Peters PA, Skop EH. Socio-spatial segregation in Metropolitan Lima, Peru. Journal of Latin American Geography 2007; 6(1): 149-71.
25. Peters PA. Shifting transitions: health inequalities of Inuit Nunangat in perspective. Journal of Rural and Community Development 2011 (forthcoming).
26. Wilkins R, Khan S. PCCF+ Version H User's Guide. Automated Geographic Coding Based on the Statistics Canada Postal Code Conversion Files, Including Postal Codes through May 2011 (Catalogue 82F0086-XDB) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2011.
- Date modified: