Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
1. Malenfant EC, Lebel A, Martel L. Projections of the Diversity of the Canadian Population, 2006-2031 (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 91-551-X) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010.
2. Gagnon A. Responsiveness of the Canadian Health Care System Towards Newcomers. Discussion Paper 40 (Catalogue CP32-79/40-2002E-IN). Royal Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada, 2002.
3. Young D, Spitzer D. Understanding the Health Care Needs of Canadian Immigrants. Edmonton, Alberta: Prairie Centre of Excellence for Research on Immigration and Integration, 1999.
4. Ng E, Wilkins R, Gendron F, Berthelot JM. Dynamics of immigrants' health in Canada: evidence from the National Population Health Survey. Healthy Today, Healthy Tomorrow? Findings from the National Population Health Survey (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-618) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2005.
5. Newbold KB. Self-rated Health within the Canadian immigrant population: Risk and the healthy immigrant effect. Social Science and Medicine 2005;60: 1359-70.
6. Chen J, Ng E, Wilkins R. The health of Canada's immigrants in 1994-95. Health Reports 1996, 7(4): 33-45.
7. Newbold KB, Danforth J. Health status and Canada's immigrant population. Social Science and Medicine 2003;57: 1881-995.
8. Pottie K, Ng E, Spitzer D, et al. Language proficiency, gender and self-reported health: An analysis of the first two waves of the Longitudinal Survey of Immigrants to Canada. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2008; 99(6): 505-10.
9. Perez CF. Health status and health behaviour among immigrants. Health Reports 2002; 13(Suppl.): 89-100.
10. McDonald JT, Kennedy S. Insights into the "healthy immigrant effect': Health status and health service use of immigrants to Canada. Social Science and Medicine 2004; 59: 1613-27.
11. Chen J, Wilkins R, Ng E. Health expectancy by immigrant status. Health Reports 1996; 8(3): 29-37.
12. Ali J. Mental health of Canada's immigrants. Health Reports 2002;13(Suppl.): 1-11.
13. Lou Y, Beaujot R. What Happens to the "HealthyIimmigrant Effect"? The Mental Health of Immigrants to Canada. Discussion Paper 05-15. London, Ontario: Population Studies Centre, University of Western Ontario, 2005.
14. Wu Z, Schimmele C. The healthy migrant effect on depression: variation over time? Canadian Studies in Population 2005; 32(2): 271-98.
15. Wilkins R, Tjepkema M., Mustard C, Choinière R. The Canadian census mortality follow-up study, 1991 through 2001. Health Reports 2008; 19(3): 25-43.
16. Ng E, Longitudinal Health and Administrative Data Research Team. Insights into the Healthy Immigrant Effect: Mortality by Period of Immigration and Place of Birth (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-622- X, Number 8) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2011.
- Date modified: