1. Malenfant EC, Lebel A, Martel L. Projections of the Diversity of the Canadian Population, 2006-2031 (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 91-551-X) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2010.
2. Gagnon A. Responsiveness of the Canadian Health Care System Towards Newcomers. Discussion Paper 40 (Catalogue CP32-79/40-2002E-IN). Royal Commission on the Future of Health Care in Canada, 2002.
3. Young D, Spitzer D. Understanding the Health Care Needs of Canadian Immigrants. Edmonton, Alberta: Prairie Centre of Excellence for Research on Immigration and Integration, 1999.
4. Ng E, Wilkins R, Gendron F, Berthelot JM. Dynamics of immigrants' health in Canada: evidence from the National Population Health Survey. Healthy Today, Healthy Tomorrow? Findings from the National Population Health Survey (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-618) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2005.
5. Newbold KB. Self-rated Health within the Canadian immigrant population: Risk and the healthy immigrant effect. Social Science and Medicine 2005;60: 1359-70.
6. Chen J, Ng E, Wilkins R. The health of Canada's immigrants in 1994-95. Health Reports 1996, 7(4): 33-45.
7. Newbold KB, Danforth J. Health status and Canada's immigrant population. Social Science and Medicine 2003;57: 1881-995.
8. Pottie K, Ng E, Spitzer D, et al. Language proficiency, gender and self-reported health: An analysis of the first two waves of the Longitudinal Survey of Immigrants to Canada. Canadian Journal of Public Health 2008; 99(6): 505-10.
9. Perez CF. Health status and health behaviour among immigrants. Health Reports 2002; 13(Suppl.): 89-100.
10. McDonald JT, Kennedy S. Insights into the "healthy immigrant effect': Health status and health service use of immigrants to Canada. Social Science and Medicine 2004; 59: 1613-27.
11. Chen J, Wilkins R, Ng E. Health expectancy by immigrant status. Health Reports 1996; 8(3): 29-37.
12. Ali J. Mental health of Canada's immigrants. Health Reports 2002;13(Suppl.): 1-11.
13. Lou Y, Beaujot R. What Happens to the "HealthyIimmigrant Effect"? The Mental Health of Immigrants to Canada. Discussion Paper 05-15. London, Ontario: Population Studies Centre, University of Western Ontario, 2005.
14. Wu Z, Schimmele C. The healthy migrant effect on depression: variation over time? Canadian Studies in Population 2005; 32(2): 271-98.
15. Wilkins R, Tjepkema M., Mustard C, Choinière R. The Canadian census mortality follow-up study, 1991 through 2001. Health Reports 2008; 19(3): 25-43.
16. Ng E, Longitudinal Health and Administrative Data Research Team. Insights into the Healthy Immigrant Effect: Mortality by Period of Immigration and Place of Birth (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-622- X, Number 8) Ottawa: Statistics Canada, 2011.
- Date modified: