Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
1. Public Health Agency of Canda. Key Facts on H1N1 Flu Virus. Ottawa: Public Health Agency of Canada, December 9. 2009. Available at: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/fs-fr_h1n1-eng.php. Accessed July 6, 2010.
2. World Health Organization. Epidemiological summary of pandemic influenza A (H1N1) 2009 virus – Ontario, Canada, June 2009. Weekly Epidemiological Record 2009:84(47): 485-92.
3. World Health Organization. Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 – Update 105. Global Alert and Response (GAR) June 18 2010. Geneva: World Health Organization. Available at: www.who.int/csr/don/2010_06_18/en/index.html. Accessed June 23, 2010.
4. Public Health Agency of Canada. Fluwatch April 25 to May 1, 2010 (week 17). Ottawa: Public Health Agency of Canada, May 7, 2010. Available at: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/fluwatch/09-10/w17_10/index-eng.php. Accessed August 18, 2010.
5. World Health Organization. WHO Recommendations for the Post-pandemic Period Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 Briefing Note 23. Available at: http:/www.who.int/csr/disease/swineflu/notes/briefing_20100810/en/print.html. Accessed August 27, 2010.
6. Government of Canada. The Canadian Pandemic Influenza Plan for the Health Sector 2006 (Catalogue HP40-10/2006E-PDF) Ottawa: Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, 2006.
7. Public Health Agency of Canada. Considering the Options – Getting the Flu versus Getting a Vaccine or Taking an Antiviral. Ottawa: Public Health Agency of Canada. Available at: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/vacc/pdf/options-eng.pdf. Accessed July 8, 2010.
8. Public Health Agency of Canada. Frequently Asked Questions – H1N1 Flu Virus – H1N1 Flu Vaccine. Ottawa: Public Health Agency of Canada. Available at: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/faq/faq_rg_h1n1-fvv-eng.php. Accessed July 13, 2010.
9. Rao JNK, Wu CFJ, Yue K. Some recent work on resampling methods for complex surveys. Survey Methodology (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 12-001) 1992; 18(2): 209-17.
10. Rust KF, Rao JNK. Variance estimation for complex surveys using replication techniques. Statistical Methods in Medical Research 1996; 5: 281-310.
11. Statistics Canada. North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) 2002. Available at: www.statcan.gc.ca/subjects-sujets/standard-norme/naics-scian/2002/naics-scian02l-eng.htm. Modified: May 12, 2002. Accessed May 31, 2010.
12. World Health Organization. Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization. Report of the extraordinary meeting of the influenza A (H1N1) 2009 pandemic. Weekly Epidemiological Record 2010; 84(30): 301-4.
13. Public Health Agency of Canada. Information on the H1N1 Flu Virus and Individuals with Chronic Medical Conditions. Ottawa; Public Health Agency of Canada, June 22, 2010. Available at: www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1n1/fs-fi-chronic-chronique-eng.php. Accessed July 7, 2010.
14. Cole TJ, Belizzi MC, Flegal KM, Dietx WH. Establishing a standard definition for child overweight and obesity. British Medical Journal 2000; 320(7244): 1240-3.
15. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Interim results: sate-specific influenza A(H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccination coverage – United States. October 2009 – January 2010. MMWR Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2010; 59(12): 363-8.
17. Maurer J, Uscher-Pines L, Harris KM. Perceived seriousness of seasonal and A(H1N1) influenzas, attitudes toward vaccination, and vaccine uptake among U.S. adults: Does the source of information matter? Preventive Medicine 2010, doi:10.1016/j.ypmed.2010.05.008.
18. Eastwood K, Durrheim DN, Jones A, Butler M. Acceptance of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccination by the Australian public. Medical Journal of Australia 2010; 192(1): 33-6.
19. Sypsa V, Livanios T, Psichogiou M, et al. Public perceptions in relation to intention to receive pandemic influenza vaccination in a random population sample: evidence from a cross-sectional telephone survey. European Surveillance 2009; 14(49): pii=19437. www.eurosurveillance.org/ViewArticle.aspx?ArticleId=19437.
20. Schwarzinger M, Flicoteaux R, Cortarenoda S, et al. Low acceptability of A/H1N1 pandemic vaccination in French adult population: Did public health policy fuel public dissonance? PLoS ONE 2010; 5(4): e10199. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0010199.
21. Zijtregtop EAM, Wilschut J, Koelma N, et al. Which factors are important in adults' uptake of a (pre)pandemic influenza vaccine. Vaccine 2010; 28(1): 207-27.
22. Wong LP, Sam I. Factors influencing the uptake of 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine in a multiethnic Asian population. Vaccine 2010; 28(28): 4499-505.
23. Louie JK, Acosta M, Winter K, et al. Factors associated with death or hospitalization due to pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infection in California. Journal of the American Medical Association 2009; 302(17): 1896-902.
24. Novel Swine –Origin Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Investigation Team. Emergence of a novel swine-origin influenza A (H1N1) virus in humans. New England Journal of Medicine 2009; 360(25): 2605-15.
25. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Serum cross-reactive antibody response to a novel influenza A (H1N1) virus after vaccination with seasonal influenza vaccine. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2009; 58(19): 521-4.
26. Johansen H, Nguyen K, Mao L, et al. Influenza vaccination. Health Reports (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-003) 2004; 15(2): 33-43.
27. Johansen H, Sambell C, Zhao W. Flu shots—National and provincial/territorial trends. Health Reports (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-003) 2006; 17(2): 43-8.
28. Kwong JC, Sambell C, Johansen H, et al. The effect of universal influenza immunization on vaccination rates in Ontario. Health Reports (Statistics Canada, Catalogue 82-003) 2006; 17(2): 31-40.
29. Pearson ML, Bridges CB, Harper AS. Influenza vaccination of health-care personnel. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report; 55(RR-2): 1-16.
30. Wicker S, Rabenau HF, Kempf VAJ, Brandt C. Vaccination against classical influenza in health-care workers. Deutsches Ärzteblatt International 2009; 106(36): 567-72.
31. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Interim results: influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent and seasonal vaccination coverage among health-care personnel – United States, August 2009-January 2010. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2010; 59(12): 357-62.
32. Dubé E, Gilca V, Sauvagea C, et al. Canadian family physicians' and paediatricians' knowledge, attitudes and practices regarding A(H1N1) pandemic vaccine. BMC Research Notes 2010; 3: 102.
33. The Strategic Counsel. A Report to the Globe and Mail and CTV. Canadian Attitudes toward H1N1 Swine Flu – Wave 2. Available at: www.thestrategiccounsel.com/our_news/polls.asp. Accessed July 13, 2010.
34. EKOS. "H1N1 fears 'exaggerated' say many Canadians." November 12, 2009. Available at: www.ekospolitics.com/index.php/2009/11/h1n1-fears-%E2%80%9Cexaggerated%E2%80%9D-say-many-canadians/. Accessed July 14, 2010.
35. SteelFisher GK, Blendon RJ, Bekheit MM, Lubell K. The public's response to the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. New England Journal of Medicine 2010; e65: 1-5.
36. Lau JT, Yeung NC, Choi KC, et al. Acceptability of A/H1N1 vaccination during pandemic phase of influenza A/H1N1 in Hong Kong: population based cross sectional survey. British Medical Journal 2009; 339: b4164. doi:10.1136/bmj.b4164.
37. Chor JS, Ngai KL, Goggins WB, et al. Willingness of Hong Kong healthcare workers to accept pre-pandemic influenza vaccination at different WHO alert levels: two questionnaire surveys. British Medical Journal 2009; 339: b3391.
38. Torun SD, Torun F. Vaccination against pandemic influenza A/H1N1 among healthcare workers and reasons for refusing vaccination in Istanbul in last pandemic alert phase. Vaccine 2010, doi:10.1016/j.vaccine.2010.06.049.
39. Virseda S, Restrepo MA, Arranz E, et al. Seasonal and pandemic A (H1N1) 2009 influenza vaccination coverage and attitudes among health-care workers in a Spanish University Hospital. Vaccine 2010; 28(30): 4751-7.
- Date modified: