Monthly Aircraft Movements: Small airports - Airports without NAV CANADA Towers or Flight Service Stations, February 2015
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
In February 2015, take-offs and landings at 117 Canadian airports without air traffic control towers reached a total of 32,436 movements. Five airports, each with more than 1,000 movements, accounted for 25% of the month’s activity: Goose Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador (2,181 movements), Peterborough, Ontario (1,973), Comox, British Columbia (1,447), Red Lake, Ontario (1,435) and Pickle Lake, Ontario (1,076).
Total aircraft movements for the 109 airports for which year over year comparisons were possible fell to 31,326 from 33,616 in February 2014. The declines were led by decreases in Peterborough (-1,669 movements), Trois-Rivières, Quebec (-660) and Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan (‑305).
During February 2015, there were 26,109 itinerant movements (flights from one airport to another) reported by 100 airports with Goose Bay (2,181 movements) recording the greatest number.
Thirty-eight airports reported 4,539 local movements (flights that remain in the vicinity of the airport). Peterborough remained the most active site with 1,790 take-offs and landings, representing 39% of the total local movements reported.
Factors influencing the data
- Aggregate data only are available for the following 19 airports reported by Manitoba Infrastructure and Transportation:
- Berens River
- Bloodvein River
- Cross Lake
- God’s Lake Narrows
- God’s River
- Lac Brochet
- Little Grand Rapids
- Oxford House
- Poplar River
- Red Sucker Lake
- South Indian Lake
- Tadoule Lake
- Thicket Portage
- York Landing
- Aggregate data only are available for the following 12 airports reported by the Kativik Regional Government in Quebec:
- Aggregate data only are available for Tillsonburg, Ontario.
- When comparing monthly data for current year versus previous year, please note that:
- a) Data for the following airports were included in the report for February 2014 but were not available for February 2015 at the time of the release of this report.
- Aklavik, Northwest Territories
- Clyde River, Nunavut
- Fort Liard, Northwest Territories
- Fort McPherson, Northwest Territories
- Fort Resolution, Northwest Territories
- Fort Simpson, Northwest Territories
- Gjoa Haven, Nunavut
- Grise Fiord, Nunavut
- Kugluktuk, Nunavut
- Lutselk’e, Northwest Territories
- Prince Rupert/Digby Island, British Columbia
- Prince Rupert/Seal Cove, British Columbia
- Sanikiluaq, Nunavut
- Tulita, Northwest Territories
- Wemindji, Quebec
- Wrigley, Northwest Territories
- b) Data for the following airports are included in February 2015 but not in February 2014.
- Chevery, Quebec
- Isle-aux-Grues, Quebec
- Kegaska, Quebec
- La Tabatière, Quebec
- Matagami, Quebec
- Montmagny, Quebec
- St-Bruno-de-Guigues, Quebec
- Tête-à-la-Baleine, Quebec
- Date modified: