Canadian Economic Accounts Quarterly Review
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
For more information, or to enquire about concepts, methods or data quality, contact the information officer (613-951-3640; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The National Economic Accounts module features an up-to-date portrait of national and provincial economies and their structure. This includes comprehensive information and overviews of all the components of the accounts as well as more than 300 free statistical tables.
- Gross domestic product by income and by expenditure (National income and expenditure accounts)
- Gross domestic product by industry
- Balance of international payments
- Financial flow accounts
- Labour productivity, hourly compensation and unit labour cost
- International investment position
- National balance sheet accounts
Gross domestic product by income and by expenditure, Balance of international payments, Financial flows, Labour productivity, International investment position, National balance sheet accounts
Preceding quarters of the year are revised when the current quarter is published. Each year, revisions extending back four years are made with the publication of first quarter data. They are not normally revised again except when historical revisions are carried out. Due to the 2012 historical revision, the publication of the first quarter 2012 data will include revisions extending back only one year.
Gross domestic product by industry
Revisions arise from updates to benchmark data, projectors and seasonal adjustment. January to June: Back to previous year; July: Back to January of fifth previous year; August to December: Back to January of current year. Occasionally, there are historical revisions due to conceptual, methodological and classification changes - the most recent with the July 2002 GDP release.
Documents on methodology
- Latest developments in the Canadian economic accounts
- The 2006 to 2009 revisions of the Income and Expenditure Accounts
- Canadian Economic Accounts re-referencing
- Re-referencing and change of industry classification system
- Softwood Lumber Agreement between Canada and the United States: National Accounts treatment
- The 1999-2000 revisions of the Provincial Input-Output Accounts
- Information and communications technologies (ICT)
- Capitalization of software in the National Accounts
- Chain Fisher volume index
- Economic Analysis Methodology Paper Series: National Accounts
- Guide to the Income and Expenditure Accounts
- Gross Domestic Product by Industry: Sources and Methods with Industry Details
- Gross Domestic Product by Industry: Sources and Methods
- A Guide to Deflating the Input-Output Accounts Sources and Methods
- Canada's Balance of International Payments and International Investment Position, Concepts, Sources, Methods and Products
- Guide to the National Tourism Indicators: Sources and Methods
- Productivity Growth in Canada - Appendix 1 - The Statistics Canada Productivity Program: Concepts and Methods
- Income and Expenditure Accounts Technical Series
- The Canadian Economy in Transition
- Update on Economic Analysis
- Insights on the Canadian Economy
- Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series
- The 1997 Historical Revision of the Canadian System of National Accounts
Information on methods and data quality
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: