View the most recent version.
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please "contact us" to request a format other than those available.
Scope of the economic geography research program
- Provides analysis of trends in the location of manufacturing employment
- Investigates manufacturing wage and productivity differences across
provinces, cities, and rural regions.
- Examines the factors that determine manufacturing employment stability.
- Develops estimates of the border's effect on Canada-U.S. trade.
- Investigates the effect of Canada-U.S. economic integration on the
structure of regional economies.
- Investigates the micro-dynamics of regional employment, output, and
Overview and description