Filter results bySearch Help
Year of publication
Survey or statistical program
- Census of Agriculture (11)
- Farm Management Survey (4)
- Agriculture Taxation Data Program (3)
- Field Crop Reporting Series (2)
- Farm Cash Receipts (2)
- Census of Population (2)
- Wholesale Services Price Index (2)
- Survey of Environmental Goods and Services (1)
- Waste Management Industry Survey: Government Sector (1)
- Biennial Environmental Protection Expenditures Survey (1)
- Waste Management Industry Survey: Business Sector (1)
- Annual Electric Power Generating Stations Survey (1)
- Fruits and Vegetables Survey (1)
- Mushroom Growers' Survey (1)
- Maple Products (1)
- Farm Product Prices Survey (1)
- Net Farm Income (1)
- Food Availability (per person) (1)
- Quarterly Demographic Estimates (1)
- Balance Sheet of the Agricultural Sector at December 31 (1)
- Farm Product Price Index (1)
- Agricultural Water Survey (1)
- Crop Condition Assessment Program (1)
All (45) (0 to 10 of 45 results)
- Table: 18-10-0253-01(formerly: CANSIM 332-0029)Geography: CanadaFrequency: MonthlyDescription:
Wholesale services price index (WSPI) by North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). Monthly data are available from January 2008. The table presents data for the most recent reference period and the last four periods. The base period for the index is (2013=100).Release date: 2019-10-24
- Table: 18-10-0254-01(formerly: CANSIM 332-0030)Geography: CanadaFrequency: QuarterlyDescription:
Wholesale services price index (WSPI) by North American Industry Classification System (NAICS). Quarterly Data are available from the first quarter 2008. The table presents data for the most recent reference period and the last four periods. The base period for the index is (2013=100).Release date: 2019-10-24
- Thematic map: 22-205-XDescription:
This weekly interactive information package produces timely, quantitative and objective information on crop and pasture conditions at the provincial/state, census agricultural region / county, census division, census consolidated subdivision and township levels. It includes colour images and maps, graphs and tables from the Crop Condition Assessment Application (CCAP).
Interactive and available free via the Internet, the CCAP uses low-resolution, digital satellite data during the growing season to monitor the changing vegetation conditions over the whole agriculture area of Canada and the northern half of the United States.Release date: 2019-07-17
- Journals and periodicals: 96-325-XGeography: CanadaDescription:
The publication contains short analytical articles and full-colour maps, photographs, charts and graphs on the land, livestock, crops, technology, environment, people and other aspects of Canada's agriculture industry. Written in plain language for students this online edition uses Census of Agriculture and other data.Release date: 2019-07-03
- Articles and reports: 21-004-X201900100001Description:
This article examines the economic profile of Agaricus and specialty mushrooms producers in Canada, over the last decade. This analysis assesses the mushroom production and marketing sector using qualitative values, production volumes, farm gate sales values, prices and export data.Release date: 2019-05-23
- Stats in brief: 11-627-M2019021Description:
This infographic highlights maple syrup production and the main importers of maple syrup.Release date: 2019-04-05
- Stats in brief: 11-627-M2018044Description:
Canola is one of Canada’s primary cash crops. This infographic presents how canola production and the destinations for Canada’s canola exports have changed over time.Release date: 2018-12-06
- 8. Crops - Vegetables (excluding greenhouse vegetables), fruits, berries and nuts, greenhouse products and other cropsThematic map: 95-634-X201700154905Description:
This fourth set of thematic maps, based on the 2016 Census of Agriculture data, present maps about vegetables (excluding greenhouse vegetables), fruits, berries and nuts, greenhouse products and other crops.Release date: 2018-04-05
- Thematic map: 95-634-X201700154904Description:
This third set of thematic maps, based on the 2016 Census of Agriculture data, present hay and field crop maps.Release date: 2018-02-22
- Table: 95-640-XDescription:
This product presents basic counts and totals for all Census of Agriculture farm variables and farm operator variables in a dynamic format. Farm variables include number and type of farms; crop, horticulture and land use areas; land management practices; numbers of livestock and poultry; organic farming; computer and internet use; farm machinery and equipment; farm capital; and farm operating expenses and receipts. The farm operator variables depict the men and women who make the management decisions on Canadian farms. They include number of farm operators, age, sex, residence status, farm and non-farm work. The product provides a comprehensive picture of the agriculture industry across Canada.
These data from the Census of Agriculture are available at the Canada, province, territory, census agricultural region (CAR), census division (CD) and census consolidated subdivision (CCS) geographic levels.Release date: 2017-06-21
Data (18) (10 to 20 of 18 results)
- 11. Statistics on Income of Farm Operators ArchivedTable: 21-206-XDescription:
This publication provides information on sources and levels of farm and off-farm income for operators by province, type of farm (based on the North American Industry Classification System) and revenue class.
Distributional tables on income of operators are also presented. This publication also includes data highlights and information on concepts, methods and data quality. A relevant article on the story emanating from the data is also featured.
Data from Canada Revenue Agency's income tax returns of farmers operating unincorporated and incorporated farms provide the statistical basis for this publication.Release date: 2012-03-15
- Table: 21-016-XDescription:
This publication contains annual data from 1981 to date for the balance sheet of the agricultural sector, at December 31, for Canada and the provinces. Data highlights and concepts and methods are also included.
In May, annual measures for the previous two calendar years are subject to revision. In November, estimates for the previous three years may be revised. Every five years a historical revision is done, based on the results of the Census of Agriculture. Although the data are available in late May and late November, the publication is not completed and released until the following July and January, respectively.Release date: 2012-01-18
- 13. Farm Cash Receipts - Agriculture Economic Statistics ArchivedTable: 21-011-XDescription:
This publication contains annual data for farm cash receipts for Canada and the provinces from 1926 to date. Data highlights and concepts and methods are also included.
In May, annual measures for the previous two calendar years are subject to revision. In November, estimates for the previous three years may be revised. Every five years a historical revision is done, based on the results of the Census of Agriculture. Although the data are available in late May and late November, the publication is not completed and released until the following July and January, respectively.Release date: 2011-11-24
- 14. Statistics on Income of Farm Families ArchivedTable: 21-207-XDescription:
This publication provides information on sources and levels of farm and off-farm income for farm families by province, type of farm (based on the North American Industry Classification System) and farm typology (based on age of operator, dependence on farm revenues and income level).
Distributional tables on income of farm families are also presented. This publication also includes data highlights and information on concepts, methods and data quality. A relevant article on the story emanating from the data is also featured.
Data from Canada Revenue Agency's income tax returns of farm families operating a single unincorporated farm provide the statistical basis for this publication.Release date: 2011-07-26
- 15. 2001 Agriculture Community Profiles ArchivedTable: 94F0047XDescription:
The profiles include agricultural statistics on population and farm operators, land use and land practices, farm finances, crops and horticulture, and livestock for most communities at the geographic level of the census division (CD) and census agriculture region (CAR). The 2001 Agriculture Community Profiles provide free information from Statistics Canada's 2001 Census of Agriculture data.Release date: 2004-02-27
- 16. Fresh water resources in Canada ArchivedTable: 16-201-X20030006667Description:
Water is a basic necessity of life: access to clean water in sufficient quantity is an integral part of our well-being. It has had a strong influence on Canada's development as a country and remains a precious part of our natural resource wealth.
While Canadians live in a country with a plentiful supply of fresh water, they are also concerned about a number of water-related issues. These include the availability, distribution, use and quality of water, as well as the controls placed on water usage. This article examines these issues by creating a statistical portrait of Canada's fresh water resources.Release date: 2003-12-03
- 17. Food Consumption in Canada: Part 1 ArchivedTable: 32-229-XDescription:
This publication contains supply, disposition and per capita disappearance data for the following food groups: cereals, sugars and syrups, pulses and nuts, beverages, dairy products and by-products, poultry, eggs and meats. Per capita disappearance is available on both a retail weight and fresh equivalent basis per day and per year.Release date: 2003-06-27
- 18. Farming Facts ArchivedTable: 21-522-XDescription:
Farming Facts is published by the Agriculture Division of Statistics Canada to illustrate the variety of information produced by the organization for the agricultural community. This edition incorporates some of the results from the 2001 Census of Agriculture and includes first-time information on organic farming and the latest trends in computer use on farms.Release date: 2003-04-16
Analysis (22) (20 to 30 of 22 results)
- 21. Factors that influence farm business behavior ArchivedArticles and reports: 21-004-X200010913028Geography: CanadaDescription:
Farm operators and farm families in Canada are a diverse group. Farm operators differ by age, experience, business expectations, size and scale. These differences account for the varying responses these farmers have to farm programs and other government policies. To determine these responses, a farm "typology" has been developed to take account of the factors influencing their behavior.Release date: 2000-09-27
- 22. Ice Storm '98 ! ArchivedArticles and reports: 11-008-X19980034006Geography: CanadaDescription:
This study concentrates on the St. Lawrence River Valley, highlighting how the storm was dealt with and its aftermath.Release date: 1998-12-14
Reference (5) ((5 results))
- 1. Whole Farm Database Reference Manual ArchivedSurveys and statistical programs – Documentation: 21F0005GDescription:
The Whole Farm Data Base (WFDB) is the product of a joint venture between Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and Statistics Canada. It was developed with the intention to meet the increasing demands of users of agricultural statistics for more disaggregated data at the whole farm level. The WFDB provides the means for users to evaluate agricultural policies and programs as well as analyze the viability, stability, and competitiveness of various farm businesses.
Integrating into one base the agricultural data, which are available from administrative and survey sources, is the essence of the WFDB. It can offer users access to a wider than ever range of disaggregated physical and financial data at the farm level.
This reference manual will familiarize potential users of the WFDB with the structure of the data base and the quality of the data and give a description of the WFDB products and services that are currently available.Release date: 2011-12-23
- 2. Canadian Agriculture at a Glance - Teacher's Kit ArchivedSurveys and statistical programs – Documentation: 96-328-MGeography: CanadaDescription:
This teacher's kit focuses on secondary school subject areas: family studies/home economics; geography; history; and science. The lessons are connected to curricula across Canada.
The publication contains short analytical articles and full-colour maps, photographs, charts and graphs on different aspects of Canada's agriculture industry. Written in plain language for students, the book uses Census of Agriculture and other data.Release date: 2005-03-18
- Surveys and statistical programs – Documentation: 96-328-M2004016Geography: CanadaDescription:
This activity looks at how Canada's grape industry has transformed itself in the wake of the Canada-U.S. Free Trade Agreement.Release date: 2004-10-29
- 4. Protecting Crops from Pests ArchivedSurveys and statistical programs – Documentation: 96-328-M2004011Description:
This activity explores the use of pesticides in protecting crops, including the risks and benefits.Release date: 2004-08-30
- 5. Prairie Farmers Have Always Found a Way to Adapt ArchivedSurveys and statistical programs – Documentation: 96-328-M2004012Geography: Geographical region of CanadaDescription:
This activity is designed to show students some of the changes affecting Prairie agriculture over the past 100 years, and how Prairie farmers have adapted to them.Release date: 2004-08-30