Small, Medium-sized and Large Businesses in the Canadian Economy: Measuring Their Contribution to Gross Domestic Product in 2005 - ARCHIVED

Articles and reports: 11F0027M2011069


The paper estimates the contributions to gross domestic product (GDP) made by small, medium-sized and large businesses in the Canadian business sector for 2005. The contribution of large businesses with 500 or more employees to business-sector GDP was 45.7%. Small and medium-sized businesses, including unincorporated businesses, accounted for the other 54.3%.

Issue Number: 2011069
Author(s): Gibson, Bob; Leung, Danny; Rispoli, Luke
FormatRelease dateMore information
HTMLMay 30, 2011
PDFMay 30, 2011